Sunday 11 May 2014

Painting and lightning


Continuing work on finishing the bedroom. More paint and marking the areas for a mural painting. My original markings (visible as the only primed areas) bothered me so I raised the three panels a bit more and added a fourth one over the door. This way it seems more balanced to me.

Taping around the mural areas.

I finally decided to paint the door white on the inside. I also need to restore the handles a bit (I discovered today that, apart from the metal bits, they are not wood, as I thought, but horn!). We removed the door for now and I am focusing on the frame, which was very beat up. Good thing I am painting it white because I am using a lot of filler paste.

A terrible picture of the door frame, partially primed.

Vanity lightning! Looking just as planned :)

The sockets are ceramic.
I found them on ebay.de

Temporary wall lights installed in the... parlor ;P
I want to make the lamps myself, which will take a good while


We had the bathroom ceiling paint before we found these great tiles for
 the floor, the green was a lighter sage so I matched it a little more today.
I didn't want it darker than this, I think it is a pretty good match anyway.

Old glass lamps installed in the bathroom
(the ceiling is only primed for now).

The four lamps are an inheritance we have stored for years.

I painted two of the domes green on the inside.
The green lamps are turned on independently
and are much fainter for soft lightning.